Save the Date!
Join us for an evening of fun as we welcome new students to the University of Iowa! We are featuring Archery Tag, Log Rolling, Rock Climbing, Group Fitness Classes, Yard Games, Volleyball, Free Food, Prizes, and extended hours to the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center.
- Date: Friday, August 23rd
- Time: 9:00pm - 1:00am
- Location: Campus Recreation and Wellness Center
This event is geared toward University of Iowa students. No registration is required and participants do not have to pay the CRWC walk-in fee. Check out the Facebook page for updated information!
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact Recreational Services in advance at 319-335-9293.
Schedule of Activities
All of our activities will start at 9:00 p.m. and go until 1:00 a.m. Participate in three (3) of our activities and be entered in to win free prizes!!!
- Log Rolling | Rec Pool: Yes we now have log rolling! Come join us in the rec pool to see how long you can stay up!
- Rock Climbing | Climbing Wall: Love climbing or want to try it for the first time? Join us on the wall for FREE!
- Lip Sync Battle | Court 1: Yes, you heard us, we are having a Lip Sync Battle at 10 p.m. Compete or cheer on your friends as they try to beat the competition.
- Volleyball and Yard Games | Court 2: Enjoy a more relaxed competition with volleyball and yard games.
- Archery Tag | MAC Gym: Do you like archery? Do you like laser tag? Here is your chance to combine the two sports! Two teams of 10 will compete to eliminate the other team while trying to tag the other team with arrows. Hide behind barriers and crawl on the floor to avoid being tagged. Are you up for the challenge?
- Group Fitness | AR2/AR3: Try one of our fitness classes! (9:30 p.m. & 10:30 p.m.)
- Free Food | Hallway Upstairs: On behalf of our community sponsors, come enjoy some free food!
Thank you to the following groups who have helped sponsor this event:
- Center for Student Involvement and Leadership
- The University of Iowa Police
- On Iowa!
Date and Time:at 9:00 PM
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa–sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact Mallory Valentine in advance at or email@example.com